Why CIOs & CEOs Must Shift from Change to Transformation in 2016
The transformation happening in the technology industry is not just about one or two changes. It is about a series of changes that organizations around the world face at once. The situation requires insightful strategic planning, end to End guidance and coaching as not to put at risk the company’s productivity in the process.
For example, moving to the cloud may be seen as one change happening but in reality, there are multiple changes happening, and carried out in several projects. Along with moving to the cloud, one main project is about security. One recurring security requirement is data segmentations of sensitive and less-sensitive data. Many organization have not completed such segmentation and moving to the cloud is one opportunity to do it. Moving to the cloud may lead to multiple projects such as:
- Network segmentation
- Access Control
- New security and policies
- New work procedures
- Data Encryption and decryption
Regardless of the chaos all these changes may create in the back office, organization must continue to deliver and keep the business going. No matter the disruption, it must be business as usual. Else, the company may not survive without delivering business.
Furthermore, round the clock production as it is happening on the market today makes time to market even shorter. Therefore not only CIO have to maintain delivery but also, delivery speed must be increased to remain competitive.
As a result, CIOs cannot afford
- To focus on one change
- Long project delays
- People disengagement and resistance to change with their heavy cost and damaging consequences
- Communication bottlenecks and conflicts caused by mindset misalignments
- Security breach due to neglect and disengagement
- Poor collaboration and misalignment between units and center of expertise
- Senseless and too complexed processes that does not allow room for empowered employees to course correct and waste time and money.
Instead, they must promote transformation by engaging their organization to
- Improve teams collaboration (local, virtual and global)
- Deliver quality solutions/project on time
- Create a transformed mindset for a transforming environment
- Reduce cost related to employees’ disengagement, resistance to change, poor strategic planning, uncalculated risks, rework and poor quality,… etc.
- Create and maintain an environment set up to deliver acceptable quality solutions rapidly in the actual business context.
- Increase ROI
Transformation is the only solution to guarantee business continuity, productivity, innovation and a healthy workforce in a time of continuous disruption.