Strategic Service Management: Embracing a more collaborative, iterative service mindset
Organisations are moving to cloud infrastructures and embracing the service mindset to go with that, to break down silos, lean workflows and reduce overheads. The ITIL framework for IT Service Management (ITSM) was originally designed for the old on-prem world, but ITIL4 embraces modern cloud-native ways of working like Agile and DevOps. IT organisations have the opportunity to expand service management to business teams and into the enterprise. In this Focus event we explored the new approaches to service management and how IT, development and business teams can work together on a unified platform.
- IT Service Management (ITSM) is the public face of IT
- Don’t drown in framework soup
- Service desk and development need communication channels
- ITSM can streamline customer experience processes
- Service management can identify cost savings