Jedi Session: Evolution of the CIO in the epicentre of the pandemic
The pandemic has changed the CIO from a functional role, a technologist with management responsibility, to a whole enterprise thinker that delivers from strategy into execution and operation and back again. The required skillset is rare, hard to find. In this Jedi Session Matt Cockbill, Managing Partner IT & Digital Leadership Practice at Berwick Partners, outlines how IT leaders have the opportunity to reposition themselves at the forefront of business thinking.
Watch and learn how the contemporary post-pandemic CIO:
- combines the skillsets of IT professionals and organisational development and change leaders
- has the ability to communicate through all layers of the organisation, build buy-in, influence, understanding
- understands what true value looks like within the organisation beyond the plumbing of IT
- partners with the CEO in building a tech brand that matters and is a beacon and magnet for talent
- should resist the urge to revert to a pre-pandemic functional role and remain front of the stage