In partnership with:
Application 'Util IT y' or 'UTIL it Y'?
- The answer is Cloud - Sorry what was the Question?
- Wednesday 26th May
- 12:55pm - 14:00pm
- Location: Online
Understanding your Application Landscape in terms of its current state and your desired future state is vital in making sure you are able to make the right platform and partner decisions for your business.
In this session, we will be looking at how you can assess the right workload, right platform, right location with the right support required for your Applications.
- Which cloud platforms are right for my business ?
- What’s my Application Landscape?
- Who supports, manages, protects and pays for this?
- How do I control the Licensing and Compliance?
Paul Dove, Services Business Development, SCC UK
Demystifying Distributed Cloud
While running hybrid or multi cloud environments, your business can deploy and run applications in a mix of cloud locations and environments that best meets your requirements for performance, regulatory compliance We will assess the options and decisions needed to be made by the CIO to meet the boards expectations of business continuity and cost optimisation.
- What platforms are available to me? - Public & SaaS Vendors Globally, Shared UK 3rd Parties, my Private Cloud.
- Whose Data Centre do I use? – Concerned or not
- Whose Network do I use? - Global Vendor, in country 3rd parties, my own.
- Who supports, manages and protects this?
- Who owns and is responsible for the data? – My business and my team.
- Who is accountable for this? - Me.....
Gary Steen, Managing Director - Technology, TalkTalk Group
With over 30 years’ experience, Gary has a proven track record of growing both start up and established businesses. He has been part of a number of successful businesses both in the U.K. and internationally across Europe, Australia and the USA. His career has seen successful implementations of business and IT transformation for a long list of customers such as Vodafone, BT, Sony, O2, Sprint, Aircell, France Telecom, ESPN, Telstra & TalkTalk.